Friday, March 20, 2009

Restaurante Beijing

Calle 13 No. 738 e/ 46 y 47

Chinese food in La Plata, what can I say? It was good, the vegetables weren't as Argentine as Wei Mei Xiang and the sauce was tasty, if not a bit strong (sweet and soy sauce-y). They have vegetable eggrolls which I'll have to try next time, as well as some rice curry dishes which look interesting.

I ordered the Tou Fu with vegetables, and the tofu was solid, without being fried, the veggies included lots of carrots and onions...

It cost 10 pesos, but with my addition of brown rice (50 centavos?) will easily make for two meals, being a bargain! (Sadly, the eggrolls are a bit more pricey and will not be so easily justified.)

Follow-up:
5/4/09

Saturday I had the lunch special at Restaurante Beijing, which featured chow mien, a soda, and…egg rolls with sweet and sour sauce!  The chow mien looked fabulous, but was over seasoned, in a pool of heavy sauce.  The egg rolls contained very little filling, and a whole lot of wrapper, with a sweet and sour sauce that looked good, but also lacked flavor.  Their soda choices were coke or sprite.  The food to price ratio was excellent ($13 for more than 2 meals), however, I don’t think I’ll be repeating, as the veggies with tofu were much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment