- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, chilled and diced
- 1/4 cup ice water
- In a large bowl, combine flour and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in water, a tablespoon at a time, until mixture forms a ball. Wrap in plastic and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
- Roll dough out to fit a 9 inch pie plate. Place crust in pie plate. Press the dough evenly into the bottom and sides of the pie plate.
- Try using hands instead of food processor.
- Freeze the butter for 15 minutes, before using
- And/or use a cheese grater to shred the butter.
- Freeze the water a little, until ice crystals form.
- Brush prepared crust with egg whites, if sogginess becomes a problem (it wasn't this time).
- Refrigerate the dough a bit between adding butter and water.
- Rolling out the dough twice may help it stretch.