The first time I made this, it was merely okay, despite the amazing reviews. The second time, I polished off half the recipe during my first sitting!
Brown Rice Lentil Salad
* 1/2 cup uncooked brown rice
* 1/2 cup uncooked lentils
* 2 cups water
* 1 bouillon cube
* 1 medium tomato, seeded and diced
* 1/3 cup thinly sliced green onion
* 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
* 1.5 tablespoons red wine vinegar
* 1 tablespoon olive oil
* 1 garlic clove, minced
* 2 teaspoons lime juice
* 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1/4 teaspoon pepper
1. In a saucepan over medium heat, bring the rice, lentils, water and bouillon to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 40 minutes or until rice is tender. Cool.
2. In a bowl, combine the rice, lentils, tomato, onions and parsley. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Pour over rice mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.