I love that AllRecipes offers comments on the recipes, but unfortunately didn’t find their recipe until after the fact, so here’s how things went down:
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cups white sugar
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons crunchy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Wipe 1" wide band of butter around the rim of a 3 quart pan to prevent boil-over.
- Combine milk, sugar, cocoa, butter and peanut butter.
- Stir and bring to boil over medium heat. Let boil for 1 1/2 minutes, do not stir.
- Remove from heat. Stir in oats and vanilla. Stir until oats evenly distributed.
- Drop by teaspoon onto waxed paper. Cool. Makes 4 to 5 dozen.
Comments: So, these never set up…it seems that I didn’t boil the mix long enough? Fail. =(