Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Pea ‘n Cheese Salad

Had I thought this recipe through, I would have found it way too heavy for my tastes and lacking spice, but at an initial glance, it seemed different enough for my normal routine that I decided to give it a go. I mean, it got great reviews, and when was the last time I had a mayo-based salad? Or peas? I found it looking for a recipe to use the leftover radishes I had from

my Cabbage Carrot Salad with Peanut Dressing.

peasncheeseIngredients:

300 grams frozen peas, defrosted

3/4 cup diced carrots

2 hard-cooked eggs, chopped

1/4 cup chopped green onions

1/2 cup cubed cheese

1/2 cup thinly sliced radishes

125 grams mayonnaise

1 t. sugar

1 t. salt (Argentine salt is not as strong as US salt.)

1 t. spicy dijon mustard

Directions:

Mix first 6 ingredients together. Add remaining ingredients and mix thoroughly.

Comments: As I mentioned above, I wasn’t a huge fan. It’s heavy and lacks interest. If I were to attend a very American gathering, with conservative tastes, and wanted something they’d enjoy, I might make it again, otherwise, no.

No comments:

Post a Comment