Monday, January 4, 2010

Roasted Vegetable Enchiladas

The original plan behind my Mexican feast was enchiladas. I had a bunch of veggies I needed to use up, so to prolong their lives, I diced them and threw them in the oven. When they came out, I ate half, before deciding enchiladas would be a better purpose.014

I made some whole wheat tortillas (since I was feeling industrious), and as my tortillas always come out a bit thick, I decided to make an enchilada casserole. I started by putting a thin layer of sauce in the pan, then threw in some fresh tortillas.

013

A layer of veggies came next, followed by a bit of gouda. More tortillas followed, and sauce, and well…did I mention I already ate half the veggies? I covered it with cheese, a bit more sauce, and threw everything in the oven.

018

Half an hour later, dinner was served! See other posts for sauce, refried beans, and Mexican rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment