- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 3 T. mayonnaise
- 4 t. minced fresh ginger
- 4 t. toasted sesame oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 T. peanut butter
- 2 t. chili-garlic sauce
- 1 1/2 t.golden brown sugar
- 2 pounds red-skinned sweet potatoes, peeled, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped dry-roasted peanuts
1. Whisk first 9 ingredients in medium bowl to blend.
2. Add enough water to large saucepan to reach depth of 1/2 inch. Bring to boil; add sweet potatoes and cook until just tender, about 5 minutes. Drain; cool.
3. Mix sweet potatoes, dressing, peas, and green onions in large bowl. Season salad with salt and pepper. (Can be made 4 hours ahead. Cover and refrigerate.) Sprinkle salad with peanuts and serve.
Don't be fooled by the appearance...it probaby looked as it should, it just lacked zing. I have to make it again, sans cold, before writing it off.