Butternut Squash Soup (adapted from AllRecipes)
- 1 small chopped onion
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 6 cups peeled and cubed butternut squash
- 3 cups water
- 4 cups bouillon
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 4 oz cream cheese
- In a large saucepan, saute onions in margarine until tender. Add squash, water, bouillon, marjoram, black pepper and cayenne pepper. Bring to boil; cook 20 minutes, or until squash is tender.
- Puree squash and cream cheese in a blender or food processor in batches until smooth. Return to saucepan, and heat through. Do not allow to boil.